The Stats on How UVM is Meeting the Standards
Number of NEASC Standards: Eleven
Number of UVM Standard Co-Chairs: Fourteen
Number of UVM Committee Members: Eighty
Number of Focus Groups Held: Thirteen
Number of Pages Required in Self-Study Report: One Hundred
Number of Days Visiting Team to be at UVM: Three, April 19-22, 2009
Number of Years Between Visits: Ten
Setting and Size
The perfect size university for today’s engaged student.
Green Mountain Educational Fountains
The coolest temperature and temperament
Small scale means high quality
Small world in a larger world.
A small university that inspires positive change
A small New England university that reaches out to the world
The gem of the Green Mountains
UVM: Come Grow with US
A microcosm of life in the 21st century
UVM: lean, green and serene
Small enough to find your
niche, big enough to help build your future.
UVM a big university in a small college setting
Hp hops in a green setting.
The place for you.
A great place to work and play.
Small but comprehensive.
Small university, great opportunities
A school for smart people who like to ski
Big time university with small town feel
A diverse community of faculty, staff and students that bring out the best in each.
UVM and U make a great team.
Where the heart is.
An emerging community of people and minds.
Where You Make the difference
Unique Voices Matter
UVM: A sense of family with learning and challenges
Faculty, staff and students dedicated to the promise of great education.
Something for everyone
We get you, got it?
We grow people and ideas
UVM: The best are here
Not just buildings, all about the people
Student focused campus
Incredible potential for leadership
Faculty are dedicated and committed to doing a great job.
Location and Environment
UVM: A healthy vision for a healthy world
Learning to be green in the Green Mountains
Keeping Green in the Green Mountains
Green people rock
Burlington Vermont is home to Lake Champlain, gorgeous foliage, scenic mountains, and world-class education at UVM
You get to live in Vermont
First rate research in a beautiful environment.
Top tier university in a top tier environment
The Environmental University
You can get there from here.
Little known jewel of excellence in a beautiful environment.
Come see what everyone is discovering.
Incredible ideas from an incredible state
A great place between lakes and mountains.
History and pride in the green mountains
Green, open to new ideas, balancing work and play
A great liberal arts education in a unique city/state.
UVM: The best of many worlds
Comprehensive research university with a small school feel in a beautiful setting.
The Green University
UVM: Where teaching and scholarship aren’t mutually exclusive
Share and generate knowledge for betterment of society and protection of environment
Environmental leaders of the world!
Vermont‘s environmental university
The Greenest College
Education, Learning and General
UVM brings together tomorrow’s leaders to focus on today’s challenges in a setting designed for success.
UVM: A place to grow with.
UVM: Passion, purpose and learning.
UVM: Intentionality, infusion, integration
UVM is a place of learning and growing for staff and students
A great place to learn
From excellence to eminence
The national premier small research university
The university of vibrant minds
All you could want in a university, and always there for you.
Education and scholarship the way it should be
UVM: A school and place on the move
How would you put the UVM experience into words? Give us your “soundbite” or “tagline” and we’ll add it to the collection. Keep it clean, cool and collected.
Here’s what some students, faculty and staff said in the UVM Accreditation Kick-Off meeting on Monday, Sept. 17:
- Green and Gold: The best for the environment. The finest for education.
- Expanding, Growing, Evolving.
- Groovy since 1791.
- Small enough to be personal. Large enough to be exciting.
- Where student voice and vision lead the way.
- Big town education in a small town community.
- Big enough to open the world. Small enough to know it.
- Small size. Big impact.
- Where learning matters and you matter.
- A healthy place to learn and live.
- Vermont is cold, but UVM is cutting edge.
- Smaller University with Big University Accomplishments.
- Great university in a perfect place.
- Catamount University: A purrrrrfectly engaged place.
- Intelligent. Innovative. Engaged.
- Promotes a healthy environment for living and learning.
- Hot school in a cool location.
- Enriched learning opportunities for self expression.
- The Environmentally Green Mountain University.
- A liberal arts experience with a research foundation.
- Local scale. Universal focus.
- Green and living it.
- Live and learn in a green and hip place.
- Healthy mind, healthy body, healthy planet.
- Continuous growth. Collective flowering.
- Because your education is your future.
- Great place to work in a great city.
- Human scale.
- Learning, changing and growing.
- Building knowledge and learning from one another.
- Scholarship abounds.
- Old values. New solutions.
- Learning by the lake. For Vermont. For the Country.
- Livin’ the educational dream.
- Small but potent.
Also, at the same meeting, participants were asked how they explain what they like best about UVM to a potential colleague during a brief elevator ride:
- An intimate and close environment that remains large and diverse enough to be exciting and challenging.
- Excellent environment for learning, teaching and research.
- The healthy balance between our collective wellbeing and our institutional achievement.
- The State’s answer to “brain gain.”
- Small, supportive environment can feel like what you do actually has an impact.
- I like the sense of community, commitment to scholarly excellence, the freedom of thought or discussion that (mostly) prevails. The physical beauty of our setting.
- The choice of opportunities in learning and meeting new people with different perspectives, interests and backgrounds.
- The students–they’re active and engaged and want to change the world.
- I love the diversity and variety of people, ideas and opportunities.
- The intellectual excitement generated within and across departments and stimulated by the speakers invited as part of President Fogel’s initiative.
- Independent, yet collaborative spirit. Diverse intellectual resources. Opportunities for engaged student learning.
- The size of the university, the presence of the health science center, the feeling that you can get things done here.
- The size and approachability of campus.
- The atmosphere. The way others treat each other with kindness and respect.
- The engaged community of learners and teachers. UVM is a place to express individuality and join together to accomplish amazing things.
- Comprehensiveness of offerings, yet a scale that is small.
- Size also allows you to know your peers from across campus.
- Quality faculty, small university, above-average students.
- The high quality of our research programs and the faculty.
- UVM is the best mid-size university in a vibrant, rural, environmentally conscious and respectful setting.
- Lots of smart people. Institutional integrity. Attracts interesting students.
- The way we’ve created a very good, undergrad-focused research university on a shoestring. Our aspirations are higher than our budgets — and we often deliver.
- I enjoy the diverse opportunities within a manageable size — lots of opportunities to link creatively.
- A school that you would recommend to your heirs.
- Location. Colleagues. Feel of private institution in a public institution setting.
- The people that I work with –students, faculty and staff — and the pockets of energy.
- The focus on high-quality undergrad education.
- Accessible people. Sense of teamwork. Inspiring vision.